Highland, IL is a welcoming, small community of just under 10,000 with plenty of festivals, parks, and opportunities for outdoor recreation. The town’s Swiss-German heritage is evident in wonderful locally owned restaurants such as Michael’s and Schlafly Highland Square. It is a great town for those looking for a small town feel with most places only a walk or bike ride away.
But what if you have weight issues that keep you from enjoying all the great things that Highland has to offer? New You Wellness Center in Trenton can help you. With our medically supervised weight loss Highland IL plan that uses Semaglutide, Tirzepatide, or other medications to curb your appetite, combined with exercise, you will be able to eat at these wonderful restaurants and others and enjoy the great attractions such as the 90-acre Silver Lake Park and Glik Park.
Silver Lake Park is an oasis for anyone who enjoys the great outdoors with boat docks, hiking trails, and pavilions. Spend an hour or spend the whole day canoeing, kayaking, or riding your paddle boats as long as you have a City of Highland sticker. You can even rent a kayak, life jacket, and paddle for a day to see if you like it.
Glik Park has walking trails, playground equipment for the kids, basketball courts, and fields for baseball, football, or soccer. The annual 4th of July fireworks display put on by the city is also put on here.
Highland has other great places to visit that will make you so happy when you have extra energy and a healthy attitude towards food.
- Plaza Square- This park in the center of town is hopping with activity all year long. From concerts in the spring, street festivals almost every weekend in the summer, Halloween and vendor events all fall, to Christmas activities in the winter.
- Korte Recreation Center- There is more to do here than swim, walk, or take group exercise classes. The facility rents out rooms for parties and meetings and hosts community events such as blood drives.
- Lory Theater- This historic, independent theater off the square on Main St. was originally known as the Columbus Opera House when it opened in the early 1900s. The Lory has lower prices than the chains and popcorn so good people order it to take home even if they are not staying for a movie.
- Highland Speedway- If you enjoy car racing on a dirt track, The historic Highland Speedway is the place to be on Saturday nights from March through September.
- Mac’s Family Fun Time- This newer locally owned business has something for kids and adults alike. The newest addition is a climbing playground with slides, swings, bouncy balls, and games with a special time for toddlers only when the big kids are at school. Kids and adults will enjoy the arcade and snacks. Have your next party or fundraiser there!
- Madison County Fairgrounds- Located at Lindendale Park, the Madison County Fairgrounds takes over the last week of July. There are also activities here the rest of the summer and fall, including Art in the Park in October, various fundraisers, and the Highland City Pool open from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- Weinheimer Community Center- No matter what your age or interests, there is something here for everyone. The senior center is run here and includes games, a sitting area to socialize, and field trips.
Stop missing out on all the fun and schedule your New You Wellness consultation, either in person or via telehealth under the SCHEDULING tab. We are located just a short drive down Illinois 160 in Trenton. Losing weight will make you healthier and give you more confidence to do all the things your weight has been holding you back from. Follow our directions below for an easy drive to our office!
Coming from Highland IL?
Continue to follow IL-160 S – 9.2 mi
Destination will be on the left – 0.2 mi
We are only 13 minutes away from getting your life back on track. Let us help improve your health today!